Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Monster After Halloween


Halloween is long past, but is a monster still plaguing you?

That old green-eyed monster is hard to get rid of, isn’t it? Especially in today’s culture of excess. Before we can help children develop grateful hearts, we have to tame the greedy monster in ourselves.

I admit, I have to fight this battle every day. I use the following questions to assess the excess in my heart when I feel the tug of the monster:

  • Do I want more money to buy more or give more?
  • Do I give something to anyone who asks? The beggar on the street? The kids in front of Wal-Mart? The Salvation Army bell ringer? Not sometimes, but every time I’m asked?
  • Do I have to have the latest model car?  
  • Do I own my money or does my money own me?
  • Am I content with what I have or always hoping for more?

Hope this helps you tame the monster, too. If our children are acting like greedy little monsters, it could be they’re acting just like us!

Monster see, monster do!

From my heart to yours,




PS I whole-heartedly recommend: The Berenstain Bears and the Green-Eyed Monster



No comments:

Post a Comment